IWLA Safety & Risk Conference
Warehouse logistics is hard work and companies need to work just as hard to keep employees safe. The IWLA Safety & Risk Conference helps you.
Warehouse logistics companies that put safety programs into action benefit from reduced workers’ compensation claims while building a more attractive workplace for retaining employees. The IWLA Safety & Risk Conference program includes the latest safety regulations, practices and crisis-management strategies for warehouse logistics organizations.
The IWLA Safety & Risk Conference highlights the most important safety compliance regulations, issues and strategies for incorporating safety into the company culture. The program recently included these topics:
- Food Safety Modernization Act compliance and enforcement.
- U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s common violations and new regulations.
- U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration inspections and how to avoid them.
- Best human resource practices for retaining and hiring drivers and how to conduct testing processes legally.
- U.S. Affordable Care Act and staying compliance with a temporary workforce.
- Crisis management techniques and how to respond during a disaster or when accidents occur.
- Labeling practices in compliance with the Global Harmonization requirements.
Be Surrounded By Those Who Place Safety as a Top Priority
Part of the requirements to be involved in the IWLA Insurance Company (IWLA-IC) is to attend at least two safety training courses per year. Members involved in this insurance captive have attained some of the highest safety records in the industry through their involvement and attendance at educational events like this. Learn more about IWLA insurance programs and other ways to improve your warehouse safety.
Warehouse managers, safety managers, operations personnel with risk responsibility or human resources personnel. Owners and executives who attend will also receive deeper insight into their organization’s practices and planning.