IWLA FOOD COUNCIL
The IWLA Food Council is the platform for promoting the 3PL value proposition with respect to the safe, secure, and responsible handling of food products. The IWLA Food Security Council will do the following for its members:
- identify existing best practices and develop new ones as needed;
- work with IWLA staff to offer food-safety-related education to IWLA Food Council members;
- review and comment with identified IWLA staff and representatives on regulations and policies promulgated by the U.S.
- Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Canadian federal and provincial bodies, and related regulatory bodies; and
- represent our industry in developing domestic and international protocols and standards.
The IWLA Food Council’s primary objective is to offer first and best knowledge to council membership and to ensure IWLA members be represented “at the table” as a full partner with supply chain partners when U.S. and Canadian regulatory policies are considered that address the storage, handling and distribution of food products.
The IWLA Food Council will meet a minimum of twice per year: the IWLA Convention & Expo and a midyear meeting. During these gatherings, the group will discuss regulatory proposals, changes and best practices.