POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
The IWLA Political Action Committee (PAC) is a voluntary, nonpartisan committee that allows members of the International Warehouse Logistics Association to pool personal, voluntary financial contributions to support candidates seeking elective office at the federal, state, and local levels. PAC focuses on candidates who support issues important to warehousing and logistics, employees, and shareholders. The IWLA-PAC is registered with the U.S. Federal Election Commission (FEC) and appropriate state offices.
IWLA brings warehouse-based-3PL subject-matter expertise to the elected officials so they can vote with knowledge on proposed legislation. In addition, the IWLA-PAC supports elected officials who are willing to listen and let facts determine their decisions. Our goal is laws that promote trade, commerce, and smart business practices.
As an IWLA-PAC member, you can be assured of transparency and that all of our contributions to candidates follow these five principles:
- Individuals must serve on a key committee of jurisdiction to our industry.
- Secondly, the individual must have a direct relationship with an IWLA member (or we are positioned to build a direct relationship).
- In addition, the individual must have a positive attitude toward the industry.
- IWLA must have members in the congressional district or state.
- IWLA-PAC participation will make a difference – at a level that leaves an impression.
Curious about how a PAC works? Check out these Frequently Asked Questions.
By U.S. Federal Election Commission requirements, we cannot ask you to contribute to IWLA-PAC without your prior approval. IWLA members grant permission on their application and/or by renewing membership.