When you join the hundreds of your warehousing peers in Savannah, Ga., March 8-10, for the 2015 IWLA Convention & Expo, you’ll:
- Connect with top warehouse logistics industry leaders.
- Discover new strategies to improve your warehouse logistics company.
- Leave Savannah with innovations to increase customer satisfaction – and improve your bottom line.
IWLA thanks Sustaining Diamond Sponsor Zethcon for its long-term support of the IWLA Convention & Expo and the warehouse logistics industry.
Many of the best and most successful business relationships grow from conversations and shared experiences during events like the IWLA Convention.
IWLA realizes the importance of these friendships and actively creates opportunities for you to connect with your peers:
- IWLA Welcome Reception – March 8
The IWLA Welcome Reception kicks off two days of education, networking, and fun. This is also the first chance for attendees to visit the IWLA Expo Hall and discover the new and innovative products offered by nearly 60 of the top vendor suppliers to the warehousing industry.
- IWLA First-Timers’ & Networking Receptions – March 9
These two evening events March 9 follow the first day of IWLA educational opportunities. First-time attendees are invited early to meet the IWLA Board and other volunteer leaders. All attendees then join in the fun – for what is perennially ranked among the IWLA Convention’s top functions.
- IWLA Chairman’s Dinner & Reception - March 10
There’s no better way to close the convention! The IWLA Chairman’s Dinner & Reception are the perfect way to reconnect with old friends – and celebrate new ones. Enjoy a full dinner, live band (East Coast Party), and dancing – all included with your convention registration.
Special Events (additional registration required)
- 2015 Majestic Realty IWLA Golf Classic Tournament – March 8
Hit the links at Savannah Harbor Golf Resort with your peers. The 18-hole, Troon-managed course is home to PGA’s Champions Tour Liberty Mutual Legends Tournament. IWLA thanks Majestic Realty for its generous support of the 2015 event. Be sure to arrive in Savannah by Sunday morning, March 8, to take part in the tournament. Tee time is around noon.
- IWLA Political Action Committee Dinner – March 8
The IWLA Political Action Committee supports candidates who understand the business of warehouse logistics. The group raises money through personal contributions and events like the 2015 IWLA-PAC Dinner. PAC members are invited to contribute and attend this special event featuring comedian Jimmy Tingle. Tingle’s unique brand of topical yet timeless comedy is as insightful as it is hilarious. IWLA thanks MercuryGate for its generous support as the sponsor of Tingle’s appearance.
The IWLA Convention & Expo brings you top industry experts leading forward-thinking sessions. Leave with new ideas to grow and strengthen your warehouse logistics organization:
- Keynote: Bill Courtney, CEO, Classic American Hardwoods & Coach
Bill Courtney’s story is one of business acumen and inspiring service. Courtney, a native Memphian, founded Classic American Hardwoods Inc. in 2001. Today, the company employs 120 people and boasts a 45-acre manufacturing facility.
The story of that growth is a must hear, but Courtney’s other great success will inspire you: He coached the struggling football team at Memphis’ inner-city Manassas High School to an 18-2 record. The Academy-Award-winning 2011 documentary film “Undefeated” chronicled this success. You’ll be inspired to discover what heights you can achieve.
IWLA thanks Diamond Sponsor Impact Engineered Labor Solutions for its support of Courtney’s appearance.
- Special Educational Sessions:
- Warehouse Logistics Mergers & Acquisitions – This panel discussion led by Verst Group CEO Paul Verst includes executives from Republic Partners, Raymond James, and Greenbrier Equity Group.
- Finding Talent in Today’s World – Discover from this panel, led by Mark Cabrera from Saddle Creek, how to attract and retain the best warehouse logistics employees. Panelists hail from OHL, Saddle Creek, and Genco.
- Warehouse Legal Update – What you don’t know will hurt you and your warehouse. Attorney John Horvath’s presentation will help set you straight.
- Mega Session: Commercial Real Estate Update – Gain insight from Larry Harmsen, Prologis Americas COO.
- Mega Session: Transportation Law 2015 – Transportation laws change more quickly than a speeding train or semi. Attorney Marc Blubaugh will help you stay ahead of the curve.
- Other updates about the American Logistics Aid Network and a government affairs overview round out the convention’s educational offerings.
- IWLA Council Meetings:
- All attendees – warehouse and partner – are welcome to attend IWLA Council meetings during the convention. Check the schedule for the sessions that interest you – and then be ready for in-depth insight into the hottest topics:
Warehouse companies offer much more to their customers than they did even a decade ago. What innovations will keep you relevant and profitable? IWLA Convention general session speakers can help:
- Michael Rogers, Practical Futurist & Author
Michael Rogers is a different kind of futurist: He combines real-business experience with a deep technology background. Rogers provides a common-sense vision of change for business and individuals, by blending technology, economics, demographics, culture, and human nature. Rogers’ appearance is sponsored by Zethcon.
- Libby Gill, Libby Gill & Company
After nearly 20 years in senior communications roles at media giants Universal, Sony, and Turner Broadcasting, Libby Gill is now CEO of her own executive coaching and consulting. Her work helps individuals and organizations capture the heads and hearts of their customers, colleagues, and communities.
- The IWLA Expo showcases innovation.
The nearly five dozen supplier partners at the IWLA Expo will highlight the innovative products and services they offer warehouse logistics companies. NEW! IWLA will recognize the most innovative product and most innovative service showcased during the convention. Warehouse logistics professionals will vote for their favorite in each category. Awards will be presented March 10, 2015, during the IWLA Chairman’s Dinner.
Want to know more about the IWLA Convention & Expo? Click here for a complete agenda. The headquarters hotel is the Westin Savannah Harbor. IWLA has secured special room rates for the event. Follow this link or call 912.201.2000 to reserve your room today. IWLA expects to sell out. Please reserve your hotel by Feb. 15 for the best rate.
Introducing the 2015 IWLA Convention App
The highly popular IWLA Convention App is back for 2015. If you’ll be in Savannah download the app (sponsored by Sustaining Diamond Sponsor Zethcon), then complete your personal profiles, customize your agenda, and check out else will be there March 8-10.
How to get the IWLA Convention App: 1. Search for 2015 IWLA in your app store or click here: http://ddut.ch/iwla2015. 2. Download the app. 3. Access the app with your email address (use the email that IWLA communications go to) and the password “IWLA2015.” 4. Complete your profile with a photo.
Having trouble? IWLA staff is here to help! Contact Joe de Guzman at IWLA Headquarters or call 847.813.4699 for assistance.
IWLA thanks these confirmed sponsors and exhibitors.
Sustaining Diamond Sponsor: Zethcon